MCA is a new Community School in Toledo’s Old South End. Community Schools are public schools managed by people in the community with a passion to help every child graduate from High School and be prepared to attend college.
Mosaic Classical Academy is starting in August, 2023 with Kindergarten and First grade classes. A new grade will be added each year. Seats are limited to 40 students in each grade.
MCA is a special Community School for two reasons
- It is part of the Mosaic Family Zone – a “pregnancy to purpose” pipeline designed to help low-income families escape poverty. The pipeline seeks to serve students and their parents/guardiansover a 20 or more year period with a full range of supports including:
- Baby University
- Community Health Workers
- Mosaic Early Learning Center
- Mobility Mentoring
- Youth mentoring
- Nature+ Afterschool
- Summer camps
- College preparation and application
- Help with utilities, housing, job seeking and anything else
2. It is a Classical Education school. Classical Education is the method used to teachstudents in the USA for the first 200 years of our history. It is a structured, rigorous education with a strong bond created between the teacher and the students. This approach develops a love of learning in addition to focusing on skill development.
The Mosaic Classical Academy will have several distinctive features, including:
- Social & Emotional Learning using the Conscious Discipline curriculum
- Free Uniforms
- Free breakfast and lunch
- Special priority in afterschool, summer and enrichment programming